We have two types of memberships;
- Full members
- Associate members
Members should have at least enrolled for a master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Data Science or its equivalent.The members are expected to participate in assigned projects, mentor aspiring bioinformaticians, do presentations on their completed or ongoing projects, attend meet ups and trainings and attend journals clubs.
- Attend lectures, meet-ups, journal clubs and trainings.
- Improve on skills such as presentation, grant writing, proposal writing and manuscript writing.
- Peer learning and training.
- Networking and creating connections.
- Exposure to established bioinformaticians and learning advanced bioinformatics skills.
- Receiving mentorship and guidance.
- Attending community outreach activities and team buiding events.
These are aspiring bioinformaticians who include undergraduates, diploma students and researchers with keen interest in Bioinformatics. They should be willing to follow the rules and regulations of the hub and be able to perform tasks assigned to them.
- Participate in assigned projects and learning activities.
- Attend meet ups and trainings.
- Attend journals clubs.
- Get assistance on areas of interest.
How To Become a registered member of BHKi
Thank you for your interest in becoming a registered member. To become one, you have to pay Ksh. 500 as registration fee. Currently, MPESA is our ONLY mode of payment.
Below are details of making MPESA payments,
Go to your Safaricom App
Click Lipa na M-PESA Click Pay Bill
Click Enter business no. Type 522522
Click Account no. Type 1275505244
Enter Amount 500
Then click OK.
Once you have paid, respond with an email to BHKi email address: email@example.com, indicating you have paid the registration fee, your full names plus paste your received MPESA message.
Drop us an email if you have questions.