We have two types of memberships;
Members should have at least enrolled for a master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Data Science or its equivalent. The members are expected to participate in assigned projects, mentor aspiring bioinformaticians, do presentations on their completed or ongoing projects, attend meet-ups and training and attend journal clubs.
- Attend lectures, meet-ups, journal clubs, and training.
- Improve on skills such as presentation, grant writing, proposal writing and manuscript writing.
- Peer learning and training.
- Networking and creating connections.
- Exposure to established bioinformaticians and learning advanced bioinformatics skills.
- Receiving mentorship and guidance.
- Attending community outreach activities and team-building events.
These are aspiring bioinformaticians who include undergraduates, diploma students, and researchers with a keen interest in Bioinformatics. They should be willing to follow the rules and regulations of the hub and be able to perform tasks assigned to them.
- Participate in assigned projects and learning activities.
- Attend meet-ups and training.
- Attend journal clubs.
- Get assistance on areas of interest.
Become a BHki Registered Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a registered member. To become one, you have to pay Ksh. 500 as the registration fee. Currently, MPESA is our ONLY mode of payment.
Below are details of making MPESA payments,
- Go to your Safaricom App
- Click M-PESA
- Click Lipa Na M-PESA Click Pay Bill
- Click Enter business no. Type 522522
- Click Account no. Type 1298343763
- Enter Amount 500
- Then click OK.
Once you have paid, fill in the registration form
Drop us an email if you have questions to firstname.lastname@example.org